By accessing this Site, you hereby agree to all of the terms and conditions of this Policy and consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information as described in this Policy. You are responsible to ensure that your access to this Site and material available on or through it is legal in each jurisdiction in or through which you access or view the Site or such material.
The terms "we", "us", and "our" used in the Policy refer, collectively, to Scrapmuch? and its respective employees, (collectively, "ScrapMuch? Affiliates").
- What information is collected on the Site?
- How is my personal information used?
- To whom may my personal information be disclosed?
- How do I exercise my choices about receiving promotional communications?
- How secure is my personal information?
- Other Terms
WHAT INFORMATION IS COLLECTED ON THE SITE
Every time you visit the Site, the following information is automatically obtained and compiled: your internet protocol (IP) address and the domain name registry information associated with that IP address; identification of your internet browser, operating system and hardware platform you are using; the date and time of your visit. This information is stored in our log files.
We will also collect personal information from you when you provide your personal information to us, for example, by setting up a user account and password (including in order to), logging in as a registered user of the Site, providing information in your account(s), communicating with us by telephone, e-mail, or otherwise or if you complete a form to participate in a contest, promotion or survey, whether online or at one of our retreats or classes. As a result of these actions, you in turn supply us with personal information, such as your name, date of birth, e-mail address, mailing address, telephone number(s), credit card information, product interest information and financial information and in certain circumstances, your opinions and individual preferences.
HOW IS MY PERSONAL INFORMATION USED?
In order to better serve you, we may combine information you give us online, at our retreats or classes, by telephone or in writing about your product interests. We may also combine these with readily available demographic information in order to enable us to communicate with you, by e-mail or otherwise, about our products, services, surveys, promotions, special-offers, and contests. We also collect this information in order to:
- Process your order and answer questions about the status of your order
- Send you products that you have ordered
- Maintain contact with you and provide you with ongoing personalized service, and to better understand and respond to your needs
- Develop, improve and market our products and services and manage our business effectively
- Help us to meet applicable legal and regulatory requirements
We also use this information to measure interest in the various areas of our Site, to ensure that links on the Site facilitates easy navigation and to help make the Site more interesting and informative. Except as described below, any personal information that we disclose to third parties is done in the aggregate on a non-personally identifiable basis and is used primarily to identify demographic data regarding our customers.
TO WHOM MAY MY PERSONAL INFORMATION BE DISCLOSED?
We will not disclose your personal information to any non-affiliated third party without your prior consent, other than as provided below:
- We may disclose your personal information to any ScrapMuch? Affiliate, so that they may communicate with you (whether by e-mail, phone, or other means) and provide you with promotional materials and additional information about its products, services, promotions and special offers that may be of interest to you, or collect and use that information subject to and for other purposes contemplated by this Policy.
- We reserve the right to disclose your personal information as required by law, in response to legal or regulatory process and law enforcement requests to government authorities that have asserted a lawful right to access such information, to our legal counsel, or as necessary to protect the property, interests and rights of ScrapMuch? and any ScrapMuch? Affiliates.
HOW DO I EXERCISE MY CHOICES ABOUT RECEIVING PROMOTIONAL COMMUNICATIONS?
If you would prefer not to receive promotional information from ScrapMuch? or its Affiliates, please let us know by writing us at: Scrapmuch? 65 Gaydon Way, Brantford, ON N3T 6M9 or email us: email@example.com. Please be sure to include your full name and e-mail address used when you registered with us or made a purchase from us. It may take up to two weeks to process your request, during which period you may continue to receive communications from ScrapMuch? and ScrapMuch? Affiliates. You will receive confirmation via email that your request has been honoured.
WHAT ARE "COOKIES"
Cookies are small data files that a website stores on your computer's hard drive or in random access memory when you are viewing the website. They keep a record of your preferences making your subsequent visits to the website more efficient. In certain cases, this information is only kept during the session and is deleted when you close your browser. In other cases, the information is stored on your hard drive and, upon your next visit to the Site, the cookies are used to recall such information. Cookies may store a variety of information, including, a unique user ID that can be used to track the pages of the website you have visited and the number of times that you view a particular page or other item on the website, login or registration information, your preferences and your purchase history.
We recommend that you delete your cookies or browsing history every time you log off the Site. This can be done by going to your toolbar and selecting, “delete history”.